It is winter in the Netherlands! The Dutch are skating on every surface stable enough to hold their weight. Ice fever is running havoc in our little country. But fear not: it is not harmful.
Snow covers the landscape in a gentle white blanket, the light magical. Of course, V-man and I went for a walk yesterday, and that’s when we met this beauty. She was not camera shy, and not people shy either, because she came thundering towards me at full gallop when I called her. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a treat with me. But I did pat, cuddle and whisper sweet nothings. And that was OK too.
For a while I was lost in her big brown eyes. When I looked up, however, I saw other eyes, brown-green ones, that looked at me with the silent request to finally continue in the cold, strong wind. And that’s what I did. Onward! To the next animal. 😉
Dry snow and crispy air. This combination lured us from the house into the wild. Into the wildish 😉 My camera screamed, refusing to be left behind. Unfortunately the sun was hiding behind the clouds, I would have loved a bit of blue between the white and brown, but my camera, famished as it was, ate everything anyway.
- The road ahead was clear.
- Moss and leaves, playfully connected.
- Trees, lifting their arms in unison.
- This looked more like a cemetery than a forest.
- Dutch feet.
- Though temperatures are below -15 C, this brook was still not frozen over.
- Then a dog came running past.
- My Dad will drool upon seeing this: he’s not a wood eater but loves to fire up his hearth.
- The lumber, closer up.
- The absolute highlight of the walk. I wanted to jump up too but kept calm and asked them if I could shoot photos in stead.
- Now I’m drooling: not as a horse eater but as horse lover.
- Trees towering over Vman.
- Once inscribed in small letters, now grown into a bigger font.
- A Dryad 😉
- My eyes saw the head of a giraffe in the bark of this tree… please tell me you see it too?