for a larger image, please click the photos
Meet my darling parents at their 50th wedding anniversary, four years ago. Such a lovely and fun couple ♥ My dad had the giggles for over five minutes and each time he started anew. Happy times!
Have a joyful weekend.
< WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge.
How a simple laugh can change your world:
We dance for laughter, we dance for tears,
we dance for madness, we dance for fears,
we dance for hopes, we dance for screams,
we are the dancers, we create the dreams.
- Make your mind happy. Learn to find new pleasures in simple things.
- Make the best of your circumstances. No one has everything, and everyone has something of sorrow intermingled with gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Don’t think that somehow you should be protected from misfortune that befalls other people.
- You can’t please everybody. Don’t let criticism worry you.
- Don’t let your neighbor set your standards. Be yourself.
- Do the things that you enjoy doing but stay out of debt.
- Never borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear.
- Since hate poisons the soul, do not cherish jealousy. Avoid people who make you unhappy.
- Have many interests. If you can’t travel, read about new places.
- Don’t be the one who never gets over things.
- Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself.
- Keep busy at something. A busy person never has time to be unhappy.
Which one appeals the most to you? My favorite is number 2, last sentence:
“The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears.”
Day 21 of the ‘Post A Day 2011′ challenge.
An unquenchable flow
Like a mighty river
It burst into the open
No fire could extinguish
These flames of pure joy
Heads were raised
At first indignation
Then a small smile
And soon everybody was grinning
They got closer to take a look
Their arguments forgotten
Until only laughter remained
The children simply played
Ignorant of the bliss they were sharing
Children’s happiness, the merriest sound of life!