God gave us mouths that close and ears that don’t– that should tell us something.
Never tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
When someone comments that “you’ve changed,” what they really mean to say is this: you’ve stopped living your life their way.
Oh well. So what. Next! – by Tess Marshall
You can’t step into the same river twice.
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
- Insulate yourself from anonymous angry people
- Expose yourself to art you don’t yet understand
- Precisely measure the results that are important to you
- Stay blind to the metrics that don’t matter
- Fail often
- Lead, don’t manage so much
- Seek out uncomfortable situations
- Make an impact on the people who matter to you
- Be better at your baseline skills than anyone else
- Copyedit less, invent more
- Give more speeches
- Ignore unsolicited advice