The writing prompt for this week’s Six word story challenge is QUEST.
In mythology and literature, a quest, a journey towards a goal, serves as a plot device and (frequently) as a symbol. Quests appear in the folklore of every nation and also figure prominently in non-national cultures. In literature, the objects of quests require great exertion on the part of the hero, and the overcoming of many obstacles, typically including much travel. The aspect of travel also allows the storyteller to showcase exotic locations and cultures (an objective of the narrator, not of the character).
Tolkien-crazy as I am, when I hear quest, I can only think of Frodo in Lord of the Rings. And in my mind I wander through valleys, in search of… well, I’ll have to think on that.
What’s your quest about? Surprise me with your six words!
click for details
The challenge for you:
Write a story about a QUEST in just six words. Let a photo or image inspire you to write a story. Or first write the story, and then make or search for a picture to go with it.
Here’s a Six Word Story by Ernest Hemingway.
Such an impact and unseen images in only six words…
Publish your Six word story on your own website/blog and paste the link to that post in a comment to this one here at Figments. I will include your contribution in this post, forming a list of stories.
Will you join me? Will you? Say you do. And share the challenge news.
Have fun writing!
READ THE QUESTS OF:
- The Inkwell: Sword Sharpened – Look out Scaly Dragon!
- Figments of a DuTchess: A quest for gold
- Peter Bouchier: Nuages Gris
- Breath of Green Air: Questing inwards towards the golden truth
Who’s next? 🙂
- The next challenge will be published on Wednesday, February 24. If you have an idea for a theme, please contact me.
- Check out Six word story challenges for all themes. Perhaps you’ll find something you want to participate in.
- Doe je liever mee in het Nederlands, kijk dan op Zes woorden uitdaging @ Doldriest.