Last time the 6WSC-theme was Spring. This word loosened up a lot in us: enough to write eleven stories about!
But two weeks have passed since and now it is time for a new challenge. The new writing prompt is… Writing! We are all writers here. And I want to know what writing does to you, what happens inside of your head. Why do you write? How do you write? What happens? Tell us a story about writing in just six words. About the process or the end product.
Writing is the representation of language in a textual medium through the use of a set of signs or symbols (known as a writing system). It is distinguished from illustration, such as cave drawing and painting, and non-symbolic preservation of language via non-textual media, such as magnetic tape audio.
Writing most likely began as a consequence of political expansion in ancient cultures, which needed reliable means for transmitting information, maintaining financial accounts, keeping historical records, and similar activities. Around the 4th millennium BC, the complexity of trade and administration in Mesopotamia outgrew human memory, and writing became a more dependable method of recording and presenting transactions in a permanent form. In both Ancient Egypt and Mesoamerica writing may have evolved through calendrics and a political necessity for recording historical and environmental events. The oldest known use of writing in China was in divination in the royal court.
So WRITING. Let a photo or image inspire you to write a story. Or first write the story, and then make or search for a picture to go with it.
Here’s a Six Word Story by Ernest Hemingway.
Such an impact and unseen images in only six words…
Every two weeks on Wednesday I will post a new theme for this Six Word Story Challenge. Publish your Six Word Story on your own website/blog and paste the link to that post in a comment to this one here at Figments. I will include your contribution in this post, forming a list of stories.
Will you join me? Will you? Say you do 😀 And share the challenge news!
Have fun writing,
READ THE STORIES OF:
- Jonathan: Six Word Story Challenge – Writing
- Maria de Suède: Six words challenge – Writing
- Crackerberries: Writers Escape
- Figments of a DuTchess: Lost in Writing
- Smiley Face: Six Word Story Challenge: Writing
- Prof.Calculus: Bringing forth the inner-self. Peace …
- Timmerark: Found myself lost in a book.
- Little Things: Six Word Story Challenge: Writing
- Mormor: Six Word Story Challenge – Writing
- Karavanseraiet: Six word story
- Gil Gonzalez: Six Word Story Challenge – Writing
- Frank Clarc: The thoughts just come to me.
- Artifacts and fiction: Why I write
Who’s next? 😀
The next challenge will be posted on Wednesday, April 10. Doe je liever mee in het Nederlands, ga dan naar 6WMB-uitdaging: Schrijven.